Dream trip to Machu Picchu
Having actually been to Machu Picchu before, I won’t simply help you book your trip. I’ll give you all the tips and insider knowledge that will make the trip smooth and unforgettable!
This itinerary can be customized to your preferences and activity level but here is a sample that would give you the bucket list adventure of a lifetime.
Itinerary length: 9 days
Best dates: May-September (dry season)
Age group: Teen – Adult (there are no theme parks or things that younger kids would find entertaining)
Activity level: Sedate to Moderately Active
Language/Culture notes: Peru is Spanish-speaking. In general, you won’t find many people who speak functional English but Peruvians are both polite and patient and will do their best to help you.
- Day #1
- Depart from the airport of your choice¹
- Most flights include a stop over in Miami, Florida and/or Panama City, Panama. (I can help minimize your layover or, perhaps even better, plan an extra long layover so you can add an extra mini vacation to your vacation.)
- Arrive in Lima, Peru. (Lima is a very cosmopolitan, bustling city. There is a lot to see and do if you care to.)
- Day #2
- Hop a short flight to Cusco, Peru. (This assumes at least one extra long layover for sightseeing.)
- Day #3 (could potentially be several days)
- Visit Plaza Mayor, the Choco Museum and other sites around Cusco. This is a small but beautiful city and is also an excellent place to get acclimated to the elevation in the Andes Mountains.
- Day #4 (may be later depending on your length of stay in Cusco)
- Ride the train to Aguas Callientes. This is the small village closest to the ruins of Machu Picchu. Everyone who visits the ruins passes through here.
- Visits to Machu Picchu.
- Day #5 (probably more like day 7-8)
- Ride the train back to Cusco.
- Day #9 (approximately)
- Catch a flight back to Lima, or onward to a new destination
- Catch a return flight home
I can help with arranging everything from your flights and lodging (there are no mega hotels in Cusco or Aguas Callientes), to ground transportation to admission into the national park where Machu Picchu is located. I can even help pre-plan meals or arrange the five day hike up the Inca Trail.
¹Any prices, timeframes and other specific information listed are for reference only. Your specific trip may vary.
For more information, to express interest or to start the process of signing up for this tour: