Check Africa off your Bucket List
This is a shorter, less adrenaline-charged version of our end of year Africa trip, which may not be for everyone. End 2016 with a bang and start off 2017 in the most unbelievable way possible with a bucket list tour of Africa.
The itinerary has been finalized and we are taking orders! 0% interest payment plans are available.
We’ll depart on Friday 12/23/2016 and you’ll fly back home Tuesday 1/3/2017. That means we’ll be in Africa for both Christmas and New Year’s. What an exciting way to ring in the new year! Give yourself a gift this year. Just look at this itinerary:
Itinerary length: 12 days
Best dates: December-January (peak of summer in the southern hemisphere)
Age group: Mainly Adult (there are no theme parks or things that younger kids would find entertaining)
Activity level: Laid-back to Moderately Active
Language/Culture notes: South Africa is English-speaking. English is widely spoken in other stopover destinations.
- Day #1 Friday, December 23, 2016
- Depart from Dulles Airport in Washington, DC (see below for alternatives)¹
- Day #2 Saturday, December 24, 2016
- Guided Tour of Istanbul, Turkey (during a 9.5 hour layover)
- Day #3 Sunday, December 25, 2016
- Mingle and swim w/ penguins near Cape Town, South Africa (What a way to spend Christmas Day!!!)
- Day #4 Monday, December 26, 2016
- Visit Nelson Mandela’s former prison cell
- Tour Cape Town & the Stellenbosch wine region
- Dinner at a Stellenbosch winery²
- Day #5 Tuesday, December 27, 2016
- Additional day touring Cape Town & Stellenbosch, including winery tours (This is on your own while the more adrenaline-seeking part of the group goes cage diving with Great White sharks)
- Gourmet dinner party² (After meeting back up with the rest of the group.)
- Day #6 Wednesday, December 28, 2016
- Visit an ostrich ranch
- Visit a cheetah sanctuary
- 14 course traditional African dinner & show²
- Day #7 Thursday, December 29, 2016
- Board the train to Johannesburg (2 days journey)
- Stop at the station where Ghandi was thrown off the train in 1893
- Pass by the site where Winston Churchill was arrested in 1899
- We’ll sleep in berthing compartments on board the train (meals are taken on your own on board the train)
- Day #8 Friday, December 30, 2016
- TRAVEL DAY
- Day #9 Saturday, December 31, 2016
- Visit to an elephant sanctuary (Such a way to finish out the year!!)
- Day #10 Sunday, January 1, 2017
- Daytime Safari at Kruger National Park (And an amazing way to start the new year!!)
- Day #11 Monday, January 2, 2017
- Hot air balloon ride over the savannah
- Evening safari at Kruger National Park
- Day #12 Tuesday, January 3, 2017
- Flight to back home (with a 5 hour layover in Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- Arrive back in Washington, DC¹
Group size will be strictly limited to 10 participants, plus 2 tour organizers. Just $1,000* down will hold your place. The full $4,499 must be paid by 9/30/2016.
All airfare, lodging, ground transportation, attractions, tours and the meals mentioned are included in the $4,499 price. Participants are responsible for their own souvenirs, meals not specifically mentioned, incidental expenses, additional trips/attractions, gratuities, and the like. All lodging is based on double occupancy. Participants traveling alone will be paired with someone of the same gender. Those wishing to have rooms to themselves will be charged a single supplement of $500.
¹Departing from a city other than Washington, DC is possible but there may be additional costs and your flight may not have a layover in Istanbul, Turkey. There are no price reductions for missing the guided tour in Istanbul.
²All provided meals will include vegetarian friendly options.
³All activities are optional but included in the trip price. Those wishing to skip an activity are free to pursue alternate activities on their own and rejoin the group afterward.
*Because this is such a small group tour, signing up means we may have to turn others away. And because time is so short we may not have time to rebook so the first $1,000 paid is nonrefundable.
For more information, to express interest or to start the process of signing up for this tour:
Please hit submit on the information form above before paying. (Paying now is optional but is the only way to guarantee your place on this very small group trip.)